DiversityPlatinum Kurumin Certification
Tokyo Century was granted the Platinum Kurumin certification by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare.
Under the Kurumin system, the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare accredits companies, which have achieved objectives included in their General Employer Action Plans, that was formed based on the Act on Advancement of Measures to Support Raising Next-Generation Children, and meet the certain standards. Among other Kurumin certified companies, Tokyo Century was acclaimed for its promotion in introducing and utilizing support systems for balancing work and private life through its further advancing effort, and granted the Platinum Kurumin certification.
Receiving the Platinum Kurumin certification, Tokyo Century remain committed to cultivating a corporate culture that allows diverse human resources to fully demonstrate their skills and personalities, and we will build a company where all officers and employees can hone their expertise and experience growth as well as a sense of pride as stated in the company’s management policy.
Action Plan Based on the Act on Advancement of Measures to Support Raising Next-Generation Children
Tokyo Century compiles the following action plan to aim for creating a workplace environment for every employee to be able to exhibit their talents at a maximum level as appropriate according to individual life circumstances without feeling insecure.
1. Duration of the plan
April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2019 (for two years)
2. Details of the plan
○ Improve the employment environment, in order to support employees bringing up children to be able to balance their work and private life.
Objective 1: Promote employees’ understanding of the childcare and nursery care supporting system as well as promoting the use of the system according to employees’ individual needs.
● From April 2017: Conduct seminars on childcare and nursing care support system to promote employees’ understanding.
● From April 2017: Introduce male employees who have taken childcare leave, along with their superiors in internal magazine and others, to aim for creating the workplace environment, where employees can take those leaves as appropriate according to their need.
○ Put various labor conditions in place to promote work style reform
Objective 2: Promote work style reform to cultivate a corporate culture that every employee can work and maximize their potential.
● From April 2017: Conduct seminars to promote work style reform and productivity improvements to develop employees’ awareness of these efforts.
● From April 2017: Introduce an hourly paid leave system to promote a diverse work style that employees enjoy a well-balanced work and private life.
Objective 3: Encourage employees to take and have the average employee annual leave rate at least 70% of days conferred.
● From April 2017: Encourage employees to take paid leave by using the annual paid leave calendar for every employee to take paid leave, in accordance with individual schedule.
● From April 2017: Encourage employees to take paid leave, including now it is called “Premium Friday”, the last Friday of every months, in addition to consecutive leaves for summer holiday as well as for the year-end and new-year holiday.